Sunless Preparation, Tips, and Tricks
WHY CHOOSE BODY GLOW’S SUNLESS SOLUTION?
- Natural Color Results for Any Skin Type – our formulation offers a beautiful instant bronze with a smooth transition to a natural DHA tan. Results are natural across a broad spectrum of skin shades and tones.
- Not Just a Tan, it’s a Healthy Skin Treatment Too – Skin firming formula builds and restores the skins’ matrix, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The highly concentrated antioxidant blend combats daily skin damage.
- Guaranteed Fast Drying, Non-Sticky and Streak-Free Formula.
- No “Orange” Color Development & Odor Inhibitors Control DHA After Tan Odor.
- Lasting Results – Clients can expect 5-7 days of gorgeous just off the beach color with proper maintenance. An even color fade ensures complete customer satisfaction.
DAY OF SESSION
- Shower off any lotions or oils (including hair conditioner) on the skin prior to your appointment. Any lotions or oils will act as a barrier to the sunless solution and can cause streaking. Exfoliate with a wash cloth or exfoliating mitt and our Norvell Exfoliating Creme – this takes the top layer of dead skin off to create a clean “palette” for the sunless solution to absorb into. Avoid salt or sugar scrubs or any exfoliating treatments that are moisture intense, since this also may leave a residue and create a barrier. Shave legs and other areas prior to your appointment, as shaving naturally exfoliates the skin. After you’ve showered, shaved, and exfoliated, avoid applying anything to the skin (such as lotion, oil, deodorant, perfume, or body sprays). Deep penetration of the solution is key to beautiful lasting color. Pedicures and manicures should be done prior to your initial shower before your appointment. Waxes should be done at least 2 days prior to your appointment.
- Arrive Prepared. Wear or bring loose fitting clothing and remove jewelry. Tight clothing can rub or smear bronzers, especially around the knees, elbows, chest, and waist. Tight clothing includes sport bras and leggings. We recommend loose sweats, shorts, maxi skirts or dresses and flip flops or loose boots.
IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO SESSION
- Forget to exfoliate? Pressed for time? We recommend using our Pre Sunless Towelette to instantly clear away any dead skin cells, clean the skin of any barriers, and balance the pH level of the skins surface. The towelette is designed to gently exfoliate and buff the skin while accelerating DHA color development without the need for water.
AFTER SESSION CARE
- You should refrain from showering, exercising, applying perfumes, and lotion as long as possible (up to 6 hours for Versa, and 12 hours for Custom). As with all DHA products, sunless color begins showing development approximately 4 hours after application and continues to darken for up to 24 hours. You may choose to sleep overnight with your sunless on your skin and then shower in the morning. It may come off on your sheets a little, but if your sheets are cotton, it will wash out.
- If you must shower before 6 hours following your session, WARM WATER RINSE ONLY. The use of soap can inhibit the full development of DHA color.
- Avoid shower and moisturizing products by Victoria’s Secret and Bath & Body Works, or ones that contain high amounts of alcohol, mineral oil, or petrolatum. These products and ingredients will erode color quickly and unevenly. Use Norvell’s Body Wash for a moisturizing wash that prevents uneven and premature fading.
- Do not worry if you see color washing off from your first shower ~ what you will see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer. After your first few showers, we suggest patting your skin dry with the towel, rather than rubbing, as rubbing can shed your color faster.
- Pools and spas that utilize chlorine can cause fading.
- You should avoid exfoliating, shaving, or waxing for at least 24 hours after your sunless application as doing so may shed your color faster.
- Extend and build color between sessions with a daily application of Norvell Color Extending Pro-Long moisturizer. Need Touch-Ups? Use Norvell Self-Tanning Creme or Norvell Aerosol Professional Sunless Mist.
*Results may vary depending on care of skin, PH balance of skin, and skin texture. While we recommend all of these preparation exercises, not all are required in order to receive a sunless application. They are simply recommended for best results.